Our uniform is practical, helps students develop a sense of belonging in our academy community and is compulsory for students in Key Stages 3 and 4.
Sixth formers are not required to wear the uniform.
Our uniform consists of:
- a royal blue polo shirt with embroidered school badge
- a navy blue jumper or cardigan with embroidered school badge
- black school trousers or joggers for boys or girls
- black school skirt or shalwar kameez in navy blue for girls.
As many of our students need special footwear there is no set uniform shoe but we would ask for ‘sensible shoes’ in a plain colour. These should be black or plain dark shoes, not open-toe, high-heel or strapped. For students with complex needs, a school uniform napkin in navy blue will be provided at school to keep the uniform as clean as possible through the day.
For PE lessons, students are asked to wear:
- bright green t-shirt embroidered with the school badge
- black shorts embroidered with the school badge.
- This can also be worn as a summer uniform on very hot days.
- Also available (optional) are fleece jackets embroidered with the school badge.
Where to buy our uniform
Uniform is available to purchase
from Rawcliffes, 42-44 Darley St, Bradford BD1 3HN. The shop is wheelchair accessible.
We ask that all items of uniform be labelled with the student’s name, to help us to send everyone home wearing the right clothes!
Mobile phones, iPods, personal music and gaming technology should not usually be brought into school. However, some of our independent travellers may need to use a mobile phone on their journey. These are handed into Southfield staff on the door at the West Entrance and returned at home-time.