Sports Centre and Venue Hire
Co-location with Co-op Academy Grange has given greater access to specialist facilities and the opportunity to share with the wider community.
We have a virtual 1:1 ratio of computing devices to students and staff. All of our classrooms have data projection / interactive whiteboard, full AV facilities, and over half have ceiling-track hoists.
The atrium provides a large central space with a cafeteria which helps to enable optimal social integration for our students. Connected to the Atrium we also have a large tiered performance space with excellent lighting, sound and staging.
We have a full-sized, county standard artificial rugby, football / hockey pitch. Our extensive grassed areas will return shortly once the work has been completed. Additionally we have a large and well-equipped sports hall, a fitted gymnasium, a movement room and a fitness suite. We also have a hydrotherapy pool which is big enough to learn to swim in.
In addition to use of the shared facilities with Grange, Southfield has its own sports hall, dance studio, separate outdoor play and relaxation areas and dedicated dining spaces. As part of our sixth form provision, the Pathfinder Vocational Centre has a professional catering kitchen, poly-tunnels and sports facilities to support the vocational curriculum.
- The Atrium—a large central space with dining area and coffee bar. Ideal for informal meetings and small group sessions
- Performance space—a large tiered auditorium adjacent to the Atrium with audio visual facilities, lighting and stage
- Four large drama, movement or dance rooms, two of which can be combined to create a theatre workshop with retractable seating
- Sports Halls—one ‘four court’ and two gym spaces
- Climbing Wall
- Fitness Suite
- Hydrotherapy pool with changing facilities
- Prayer room with provision for washing
- Specialist facilities for teaching in technology, science, PE, ICT, drama, music (including recording studio), business, life skills, craft, horticulture and catering
- Learning Resource Centre
- Inclusion Suite.
- Over 2,200 ICT devices including open use devices in the Learning Resource Centre and numerous ‘break out’ areas
- Hard surface play areas with amphitheatre and performance spaces
- Two Artificial Turf pitches (1 large, one junior)
- Two multi-use games areas
- Cricket pitch
- Full size grass pitch with running track
- Redgra all-weather area with long jump pit